Thursday, January 10, 2008

A Rough Day

It's only 7 pm? I feel like this day has had about 36 hours in it. Of course everything gets skewed when you don't get good sleep. Thanks, Nate. I'm not sure what's going on with him (everyone says teeth but we'll see). He wakes up around midnight crying so hard and will only go back to sleep if I'm holding him. If he's not all the way asleep when I put him back to bed, the same thing starts again. It's so hard to know if something is wrong or if he knows exactly what he's doing? I am not a nice person when my sleep is interrupted and I've had to ask forgiveness of my baby boy more than once for not being sympathetic to his plight.

We tried a small group Bible study at our new church last night. We were the only ones under the age of 50 but it was okay. Everyone was really nice and welcoming and kind and that's what matters. I'm really praying God will use us to draw more young families to this place.

With hesitation, I'll write and tell you that Lucy and I were so sad today. We had to return High School Musical 2 to the library. She cried and cried and I did too (on the inside). I think we watched the songs from that movie every day for the past week and she is singing the pool break up song even now as I'm writing. "I just don't belong here I hope you understand..." Yeah, it's for teens or even younger, but it is the perfect amount of cheese and fun and so clean to watch. We'll have to check it out again for sure.

Natey and I are off to Tennessee tomorrow to celebrate Amy's baby shower. I'm so excited for the trip and time with her and I know Mark & Lucy will have so much fun together at home.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: