Monday, September 14, 2009

Soccer!

Lucy is playing soccer this year for the first time and she loves it! She has had practice for several weeks and her first game was this past Saturday. I was so impressed with the attitude and effort of the girls - it was a lot of running and endurance for these 5 & 6 year olds!

The best part was watching both teams and coaches gather in the middle of the field to pray before the game. I just know this is going to be a great experience for our girlie and am excited to watch her grow!

She started out in defense near the goal. Here she is viewing the action at the other end of the field:



Watching & waiting:



Still waiting...



Hooray! Finally some action!

3 comments:

Jennifer Mayo said...

I hope she always wants to have long blond hair! She is so precious!

Peter and Nancy said...

She looks so tiny in that big expanse of grass! I just caught up on your last two posts as well -- I'll have to check out the book you recommended. Thanks!
Nancy

alp2295 said...

I love this series of pictures! I laughed out loud!