Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A dilemma....


Mark's favorite baseball team just GAVE my favorite team their very best pitcher. Well, it was a trade so really we gave them some stuff back but not really anything that worthy.

So my dilemma is that being a Cubs fan for 19 years I have learned not to get too excited or too involved in the season this early on. The 2003 NLCS just about ripped my heart out and almost caused the premature birth of my daughter as well. So generally I have a mid-August rule. If they are still competitive in mid-August, I will start to "act" like a real fan. Until then I keep my distance merely as a self-preservation mode.

But now they have this awesome new pitcher and it's not even the All-Star break. Part of me feels ready to jump on board, make predictions for the World Series and research getting tickets (we're less than 5 hours from Chicago). But the other part of me, the part that has been shredded again and again by this team, tells me to stick to the mid-August rule. What to do?

No comments: