Friday, August 22, 2008

DONE!!!!!!


We got our last document in the mail today and then rushed everything off to UPS this afternoon. It should reach our agency by Tuesday and IF all looks good, we will go on the waiting list at that point! There will be a few tasks here and there but the next major news will be a picture of our son! (This could be months and months down the road...)

I was overwhelmed with emotion on the way to UPS (so much so that I drove entirely the wrong way and had to turn around). But I was so humbled and grateful to have this opportunity to adopt. I have seen and heard of some real sad things happening in other people's families lately and I just am truly thankful for God's faithfulness through good times and bad as well as His provision, timing and sovereignty.

Completing this dossier was definitely the most challenging phase yet but I can look at it now as a way for God to grow me and to experience perspective as well.

So for now (praying all goes well on Tuesday), our official answer to all adoption questions will be "We are waiting!"

3 comments:

Candice said...

Congratulations! The wait for a referral is difficult, but God is faithful. I'm glad you have two little ones to keep your mind and body busy...it helps. :)

CandiceS (Dillon mom)

Amy said...

Congrats! I can't remember if you have access to my blog or not. You can send me your email address at amyjo_99@hotmail.com and I will add you.

Amy T

(#2 on the Non-NRI list)

Julie & Patrick said...

The kiddos are so cute being such big helpers!

You're on your way now

:)
Julie R
(Dillon mom to Devi Rose)