Friday, February 13, 2009

You've Got Mail

Many of you Dillon adoptive families out there understand what I mean when I say my heart skips when I open my email and see one from Tami, our director. It happened again today and although it was not the news that we had received NOC, there was a sweet new picture of our little guy. Totally unexpected but such a blessing, especially to see him sitting up somewhat!

We have been waiting on NOC for 6 weeks now and it has been 14 weeks since we first got the call. We were studying Mary this week in Bible study and the biggest thing I learned from her was her willingness to serve the Lord no matter the consequence. She made a choice to obey Him and a choice about her attitude in the process. Following her example, I am willing to wait on God, trust His plan to grow our family through adoption no matter how long it takes or what trials we endure to make it happen. He will provide, He will answer, He is good.

7 comments:

ColleenC said...

Total cutie pie!! Hope that NOC comes soon- I know how torturous that wait can be!

Fenwick 5 said...

Sara,Your boy is a sweetie pie! Maybe NOC will be rolling around soon.I sure hope some referrals are coming in soon.

Amy said...

Wow - he looks so handsome! You have a good attitude and I am praying your NOC will come soon! It will all be worth it!

Julie & Patrick said...

Love those eyes!!! They will be hard to resist...

What a nice way to end the week :)

Julie R

Peter and Nancy said...

What an adorable face! I admire you for choosing to wait with grace.
Hugs,
Nancy

A.M. said...

he looks more and more like will in each photo!

Amanda said...

He is so gorgeous. I hope you hear about NOC soon.