Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thankful

Wow, what a week. It's been hard around here as I've been battling my selfishness in every area of my life. We've had some big disappointments and sad news and cancelled vacations.

This morning I dropped Lucy off at school and was in the parking lot ready to go to MOPS with Nate when he threw up all over himself before we even got out of the car. So I put the car in reverse and home we are. The car seat cover, jacket, clothes are in the washing machine, Barney is on the television, Nate is snuggled on the couch with water (he will not be having watermelon yogurt for a looooong time) and I opened my email to find....






Thank you, Lord, for blessing me when I do NOT deserve it. Seeing my boy in these valentine jammies makes me smile. And that's just what I needed! (And thanks to Anjali & family for taking these sweet pictures!)

9 comments:

Candice said...

So, so sweet! What a handsome little Valentine!

The Pfeiffer Family said...

The Lord knew just what you needed. Your little boy is so sweet. Great pics.

April

Peter and Nancy said...

Bleah -- we had a stomach bug at our house this week too. I will not miss this part of toddlerhood when they're little unpredictable puke volcanos. :o) Awesome timing for the new photos of Cole!
-- Nancy

Julie & Patrick said...

Obviously another thumb-sucker. So many of the ISRC kids are!!

Handsome as ever!

Julie R

Kristi W. said...

He is sooooooo adorable!!!!

I'm getting on FB right now to write you back. Sorry for the delay...we're in the middle of moving.

:) Kristi

Amy said...

I am so sorry you have had a rough week but aren't the pictures a great pick me up? Cole is adorable!

ColleenC said...

So cute!! I love the thumb sucking- so sweet!

Heather said...

Very, very cute. Isn't it so fun to get new pictures? What beautiful, big, curious, brown eyes he has!

Heather

Fenwick 5 said...

Cute boy,what a nice early valentines.I hope my 171 immigration comes in for our valentines,and of course a referral would be nice,but looks like we might still be waiting a while for that.Have a great weekend. I hope that stomach bug gets gone.I also hope we have electricity tomorrow.Gidget