Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Back to School

Lucy started kindergarten this week! She LOVES it so much which makes it easier on this sad mama who can see the next 13 years of her life flying by!



She only has 15 kids in her class and a new teacher who seems very sweet and organized. We debated back and forth about letting her ride the bus and in the end, we decided to give it a try. With two little boys that take for-ev-er to get in and out of the car, we thought it would be much simpler (especially once winter comes) to take advantage of the bus! Of course the first day the bus was super early and we almost missed it but I'm sure we'll get the hang of it.





I've also struggled with what method of schooling is best for our family. We always felt like public school would be a wonderful ministry opportunity but now that we're here, it concerns me to let go of Lucy this way. So needless to say, we'll be doing a lot of monitoring and praying and trusting God will show us each school year what He desires for the growth and discipleship of our kids.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Aww - she looks so adorable. My parents always drove us to school but in hindsight I wish we would have ridden the bus. I think it is good for the kids and parents :)

ColleenC said...

Aww, what a pretty girl! K adjustment is tough for us moms I think, we too ended up going the bus route even though it made me incredibly nervous because of the convenience of not disrupting nap time! He loves it! Happy fall!

Traci said...

Great pics! I'm so glad she is enjoying it. My youngest (in the house) started this year too. It's sad to see them get big, but so fun to watch them learn. Hope you have a great school year!

The Labontes said...

We struggle with the bus issue too. It comes very early (6:35am) and then the kids get to school 30 minutes before school actually starts. I transported last year, but it gets exhausting and can really mess up our family schedule. Haven't decided what we'll do this year.
Kristy

Julie & Patrick said...

What a sweet girl. She looks determined and so proud of herself! Haven't given much thought to the idea of having my baby get on a big bus and drive away...don't think I'm gonna like it :)

Happy Back to School!!

Julie R