Monday, November 2, 2009

Goodbye October!

Farewell to the longest month e-v-e-r!! Goodbye rain, and more rain, and more rain! Goodbye winter-like temperatures! Goodbye soccer game and practice cancellations! Goodbye bad attitude and grumpy spirit o' mine!

November started off here in St. Louis absolutely beautiful. It was such a huge blessing to see the sun shining and to feel crisp, fall weather. It felt like a promise from God, good is yet to come.

We had a fantastic Halloween trick-or-treating with friends and are anxiously counting down to family time which we have been missing terribly. Major grandparent withdrawal around here. Lucy & I are flying to see my parents in order to celebrate her 6th birthday with her BFF/cousin (thanks, Southwest, for the free tickets!) in 2 weeks and then Mark's parents will be here for Thanksgiving.

We enter into the season of Thanksgiving with full and grateful hearts. If I were to list all our blessings, you'd be reading for days. Near the top of the list right now - good health!

My 3 Trick-or-Treaters:



My ferocious alligator:



My sweet kitty cat:



My curious monkey:



Thanks to our fabulous friends for the great Halloween photos!

3 comments:

Fenwick 5 said...

Sweet Sweet kids! I am so ready for some sunshine and cool weather,I love it. Glad things are well Gidget:)

Peter and Nancy said...

Adorable costume photos! These are the pictures we will swoon over when we have teenagers. :o) Our camera broke, so we're waiting for e-mailed pics from our in-laws.
-- Nancy

Julie & Patrick said...

Loving the pictures of the wildlife in your jungle called family!!

Thankful...absolutely!! Welcome November!

Julie R