Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Thankful. Relief. Awe.

After more than a month of unknown, worry, fear, trust, prayer and hope, the final test has come in. Cole's white blood cell count came up completely normal this week. When his doctor called today, I braced myself and ashamedly, feared the worst. But she was practically giggly as she told me good news. She went on to say she had no explanation for it and felt like we could proceed as normal until she is scheduled to see him again on his 2nd birthday. (We will still visit the endocrinologist for his growth but not until May, as we were refused an earlier appointment.)
I immediately thought, but there is an explanation! So many people have been praying on this little boy's behalf and the good Lord saw fit to heal him. Of course, even if the call had been bad news and God thought it best for us to press on through more testing and more unknown, He is still worthy of our praise. Obviously, we are overjoyed at this point that His will was to bless Cole with good health for now.
I can not thank you enough for your prayers. I truly believe that has made a difference and can't wait for Cole to be old enough to understand how God and His people intervened on his behalf. Blessings to you...

9 comments:

Shad and Maggie Alsworth said...

That is the best news I've heard all day!!!!!! Praise the Lord!!! I'm so glad to hear that you got a good report!! We will continue to pray for Cole and that all goes well at your appointment in May!!

Reading Widely said...

Thank you Jesus!!!!

theheartofachild said...

I have chills! A miracle for Cole! Praise the Lord!

Fenwick 5 said...

Praise to the LORD for takin care of Cole. So glad that you got good news. Gidget:)

The Pfeiffer Family said...

I love to hear about God's faithfulness to answer prayer. You are right either way the call went, God is in control. What a blessing for Cole to see the power of prayer and God's hand on his life as he grows up. I am so happy for your family!

April :-)

The Pfeiffer Family said...

Praise God the unknown is now known! God is SO faithful to answer prayer. I am praising God with you for these results. You are right in that whatever the phone call determined, God is in control either way. How wonderful for Cole to look back to this time and see the power of prayer and God's hand upon his life. So happy you can have rest and peace of mind.

April :-)

Traci said...

My eyes are filled with tears of joy. You're so right to note that He is faithful no matter the outcome. What a privilage it is to celebrate with you!

Jennifer Mayo said...

That is wonderful news! I'm so thankful and I know y'all are, too!

Peter and Nancy said...

We are thanking God through tears of joy! What a wonderful outcome, and what a joy the thought of "normal" life must be, without all the questions lingering. What a story to tell Cole someday . . .
Nancy