Friday, January 23, 2009

Randomness

Some random things going on:

I have been following the Money Saving Mom blog for a few months now and had a great experience recently. I never thought to shop at Walgreens or CVS (we don't have one yet but our first store is being built just down the road) but thanks to her blog and others like it, I am beating the system!

For example, last week I got diapers, two boxes of toothpaste and deodorant for $10. The diapers alone were $9.99 so the rest was free! This is all from clipping coupons and watching weekly ads! We now have a wealth of toothpaste and deodorant (among other items) in our storage closet and didn't pay a penny for them! And we know that in today's economy, saving money is a huge benefit!

My in-laws were gracious enough to purchase matching beds for Nate & Cole and they arrived yesterday! Cole's bed will be stored since he'll start out in the crib but Nate's is up in their room. It is amazing to go in there now and see two beds for two boys! My mom is making baseball quilts for their beds so I will post pictures when it's all set up. (No pressure, Mom!)

I finally finished all my sewing orders and can now do things for Cole. Today I finished his lovey blanket and am going to start on a pillow for his bed. I am also making Lucy & Nate "Big Sister" & "Big Brother" t-shirts. It sure helps the time go by and we are hoping to receive our NOC soon!

Things with Arbonne are really going great. I started in late September and feel more determined and inspired even now. It has been such a blessing to see other families' benefit from the healthy products as well as earn income to help out in meager times.

Mark has been working a ton of hours (64 a week!) but is hopeful that by March he can at least stay home on Saturdays with us again. It's been rough for all of us but I can happily say we are trusting God and thankful that Mark still has a job and is gaining a lot of experience in the process. Needless to say, Sundays are our favorite day of the week since we all get to be together!

Mark also has started a biblical counseling ministry at our church on Wednesday nights. I'm so thankful to see God use him in this way and to provide solid, biblical truths to those who are in need.

I'm getting antsy for spring and should know better since this is my second St. Louis winter. I am really trying to stay content in our circumstances although I'd love to be wearing short sleeves and to see the sun shine! All in God's timing though!

Meanwhile, I can not express how blessed I feel. My heart, of course, aches for Cole, but I truly feel like the prayers of our friends & family are granting us such peace during this time. I know, we haven't even been waiting that long and haven't had major disappointments yet (I'm sure we will) but for now, I am going to latch on to these truths and thank the Lord!

6 comments:

Peter and Nancy said...

I'll have to check out the money mom site -- we could stand to pare back a little ourselves. How great that your husband started a counseling ministry . . . I volunteer in that area at our church, and there is such a need for it.

It's fun to hear that the boys' room is taking shape! Makes everything seem more real, somehow. :o)
-- Nancy

Amy said...

I keep hearing about that blog - I need to look into it. I can't wait to get some tips on saving money. Sounds like you guys have a lot going on to keep you busy! Praying you get NOC soon :)!

Candice said...

So cool about the beds and bedspreads! Can't wait to see the pics.

I'm going to try to check out that web site too! Thanks for sharing.

Hope your NOC comes soon.

Candice

Amanda said...

I just wanted you to know that I fell in love with Cole when I was picking up Prasun. He is gorgeous.

Amanda Newsom said...

It's great to hear what's going on your life. I can't believe Mark is working 64 hours a week! I thought 40 was just about more than I could take :)

You'll have to post pics of the boys' room soon. I'm also working on Anthony's room, but the quilt-making is slow since I'm back a work now.

Erika said...

So glad to meet up with you again on Facebook!:) I love CVS'ing and Walgreens- a huge fan of Money Saving Mom!:) We've been using this method for around six months, and have cut our grocery budget in half. Glad to see pics of your beautiful family, and to hear news of another little one! Would love to know more about how you got started down the road of adoption.