Friday, May 1, 2009

Case Approved!!!!

I am so excited to tell y'all that our case was approved!

I am in shock because I was really preparing myself for it not to happen, especially during our first court appearance. When I was first told of our court date, I waivered between telling people or keeping it to ourselves. My nature is to do the latter but I really felt God leading me to involve others, to ask for prayers, and to let everyone experience this with us.

So I did and as a result, grew so close to my God this past month. Trusting Him for His will, preparing to give Him glory no matter what happened, watching in awe and humility as He encouraged me again and again through friends & family praying for us and for Cole.

So what's next? As much as I'd love to say we were getting on a plane tomorrow, we wait for the judge's signature, Cole's passport & our travel visas. If all goes smoothly, we'd love to be able to leave May 30th and have Cole in our arms in plenty of time for his first birthday!!

Thank you again to everyone who has encouraged us and prayed for us. And thanks to God, the powerful almighty Creator of the universe who loves us so intimately to work on our behalf for His glory.

12 comments:

Todd and Michele said...

Congratulations!!!! YIPPPEEE!!! I am so happy for your family. I'm looking foward to following the next part of your journey (the most enjoyable part)

Michele

ColleenC said...

Congrats again!! Can't wait to tell Cole that his Mommy and Daddy are only a few short days away!

Julie & Patrick said...

Yay! Hooray...can't wait to hear about your travel date plans and see the first photo of you together with Cole!!

Julie R

Mary Ellen said...

Congratulations!!! What great news! Can't wait to follow your website when you're over there to get Cole :)

Instantly Mama said...

WooHoo!!!! Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you guys! Hopefully it will be our turn soon (have to get the I-800 firt though).

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

YAY! I get to hug him for you and you will be there VERY soon after!! So glad you made it through on the first round - I am jealous ;)

Anonymous said...

Praise & gratitude!! Love to all, Mom

Fenwick 5 said...

YAY for approval!!!So happy that u got approval on the first court date!! Prayers were answered:) Looking forward to u traveling soon.Maybe if we get a referral before u travel,you can give my Maiya some lovin!! Gidget

coffeegirl said...

That is such an awesome testimony of God's miraculous power! All glory to God!

Kristi W. said...

Great news! Congrats!!!! Happy travel planning!

:) Kristi

Traci said...

Congrats, again! After getting Tami's e-mail yesterday about the judge changing, I was specifically praying for you all. I didn't even know He had already taken care of it. Praise Him!