Thursday, May 14, 2009

11 months old and pictures too!

Cole is 11 months old today. I am praying that next month, on this day, he will be here with us! We're still hoping to go the first or second week in June but can not make any arrangements until that passport comes!

We got a copy of our guardianship/legals this morning and I was so humbled and feel so strange about it all. To see my husband's name and our address on this official Indian document saying Cole belongs to us! To see information about Cole's mom & dad, and to wonder about them. I opened the email in a rush this morning and that was a huge mistake. We had to get out the door and I got so emotional. I am so thankful this part of it all will be over soon!

We also got a ton of adorable pictures - thank you Amy & Clint!!! These are some of our best yet - seeing him standing and with some of his friends. Won't he just treasure these forever?


7 comments:

Peter and Nancy said...

So CUTE! He is a sweetie, and will be with you in no time!

I remember first being totally numb as we read the information about Anya Rashi's birth parents . . . and stunned by the magnitude of their gift to us.

I'm glad you'll be on that plane soon,
Nancy

Kristi W. said...

He's standing! Wow, looks like he is doing so well. What handsome little man!

Getting the legals and seeing birthfamily names was highly emotional for me both times as well. It's such an amazing thing to know the name of your child's birthparent and to be able to pray for them by name!

I'm so happy that your trip is almost here and your sweet boy will have his mama very soon!!!

Julie & Patrick said...

Seeing those formal documents really puts some perspective on the whole process. Gorgeous curly locks and huge eyes...makes a heart melt!!

Hope your travel dates are confirmed soon!!

Julie R

Fenwick 5 said...

Sara,Cute pics of your little man!! Can't wait to follow your journey.I am glad that you get atleast the names of the parents,that is wonderful and emotional all the same time:). Gidget

The Pfeiffer Family said...

I wonder even now about our daughter's birthparents. It will be emotional when we actually see their names in print.

Cole looks so healthy and strong. What a handsome little guy. I am excited to follow the rest of your journey.

April :-)

Heather said...

We're so excited for you. Getting the paperwork was a very intense experience! I cannot wait until you get to travel.

Heather

Amanda said...

I can't believe how big he has gotten. Oh my! I remember how little he was in November. I can't wait to see him in your arms.