Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Signature...check!

The judge signed our guardianship yesterday! Now to pray for that passport which has proved rather elusive for some families. We really have an ideal small window to travel in early June relating to Mark's job and so I'm hoping God will choose to arrange things just so. It is a time to trust, yet again!

I know many people have been following the Compassion International bloggers as they were in Calcutta last week. I read a few entries and everytime, immediately thought of all the birthmoms out there who chose to give their babies up. Those women (and men, too) who first chose life for their babies and second, chose hope for them. I can't imagine living in those circumstances but wonder if I did, would I be brave enough to give up my child? Would I be selfless enough?

Cole's birthmom will never know who we are or what happened to her son born almost a year ago. She'll never know how eagerly we have waited for him. How excited we have been to see a new picture, to anticipate holding him in our arms. She won't know how many people have been praying for this little boy they have never met. But I hope, even in her unawareness, that she has peace knowing her choices would lead to his good. I hope she has comfort in her actions to give him more than she could offer. It is a humbling privilege to pray for her.

7 comments:

Kristi W. said...

Congrats on that signature! Hopefully that passport will come quickly for you!

:) Kristi

Fenwick 5 said...

Yay for the signature:) Hope that passport comes soon. This has moved so fast for you. Blessings,Gidget

Peter and Nancy said...

Now this is more like it! What a nice, speedy signature. :o)

I think often of Anya Rashi's birth parents, too, especially with Mother's Day coming up. We are so blessed from her difficult choice.

Hope you hear passport news in just the right timing!
-- Nancy

Julie & Patrick said...

Congrats on the signature! Sounds like travel is just around the corner. What great news to share so close to Mother's day :)

Julie R

ColleenC said...

Yay! One more thing you can check off that list! So close! Start packing Mama!

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

Yay for signature - woot woot! Bring on passport!!!

I too have had those feelings about Simeon's birth mom. I think these women were braver than I could ever be.