Thursday, July 16, 2009

Hanging in there...kind of



If you're looking for an update on us, you could just go to Colleen's blog and read this post. Seriously, minus the sleep issues (thankfully) and the parties (unfortunately), this is our life, too!!!

The lice is GONE - hooray, hooray. Just as the celebrations were to begin and we were going to actually venture out of our house, Cole now has some mystery fever. The doctor is unsure about it and threw out all kinds of scary options that it could be, but for now we can do nothing but wait and watch. We are hoping to travel to Texas tomorrow to see family (most of whom have not met Cole) but are now hesitant to do so with the fever so we'll see... trying to focus on God's sovereignty and the big picture but it's a challenge when you've been trapped in your house for 5 weeks!

Meanwhile, Lucy is enjoying VBS at our church this week and Nate is entertaining us by yodeling along to the Sound of Music cd (the puppet show is the yodel song) and Cole, in his sickness, is sleeping a lot and enduring it all. Hopefully my next post will be full of pictures from the Texas heat and not more whining about how life isn't fair. :)

7 comments:

Fenwick 5 said...

Sounds like you need a little relaxation.I know I do.I have just put this referral buisness in the BACK of my mind.Just maybe by fall,HA!
I hope that all is ok with Cole.We will pray for him. If u go to Texas,have a safe and fun trip. Gidget:)

Jennifer Mayo said...

Hang in there Sara! I know staying in for so long would send me over the edge for sure. I'll be praying for your safe trip, Cole's fever and for cooler Texas weather for your visit (is that selfish!).

Traci said...

Thank you for sharing all sides of the story. I prayed this morning and will continue to pray for all of you. I remember someone telling me when my kids were young (and had colic) to say "it's only a season, it's only a season" to myself. :) Hang in there!

Mary Ellen said...

Sara - We'll be praying for you! I hope you're able to make it to Texas as I know you need that break and your family is probably going crazy to see Cole. Are you going to church with your parents or maybe visiting Church at the Cross? We'd love to see you but I know it'll be busy for you!

Amy said...

I always appreciate your honesty! I am struggling with one child - I can't imagine 2 more youngsters. Maybe you should get mom of the year award :)

ColleenC said...

Ha, whining is good and therapeutic (isn't that what a blog is for?!)- although I don't think you're whining, you just tell it how it is! And sometimes it IS HARD!!! I so wanna be one of those moms who invents like crazy super-hero games and stuff but ah well maybe someday!

Glad to hear you're chugging along! Hope the trip is fun and energizing! Keep updating!

Peter and Nancy said...

I always hated those mystery fevers with all of my kids . . . you're just sort of waiting to see what happens. Cold? Vomit? Something else?? It's like Wheel of Fortune, but without the fun. :o)

I hope he makes a speedy recovery, and you can have some social time.
Hugs,
Nancy