Friday, June 19, 2009

Figuring It Out

We've been home one week today. I can't believe it! What a huge adventure it has been this past week - so many things I felt unprepared for. Cole does great when he has had sleep and food but our biggest issues are sleep and food! :)

He is a great, marathon sleeper but getting him to sleep is a battle. One I haven't handled very well. Still trying to figure out if he needs one nap or two. He is in his room now with Nate and amazingly, that has worked so well. Both boys slept all night together with no problem!

He is slowly starting to eat more. He loves his baby cereal so I am mixing different things in there - yogurt, applesauce, baby food. He just isn't a big fan of solid foods yet which is totally fine. I just want him to get some nourishment of some kind!

We had to cut his hair since I found lice in it. Ewww! He looks like a big boy now and was such a champ during the haircut. I'm so amazed at how well he takes all these new things - from our big, furry dog giving him kisses to the noisy vacuum cleaner.





Lucy is so in love with this new boy. It's like we went to the toy store and brought her back her very own baby doll. She unselfishly entertains him non-stop, calms him down when he cries, and wants to play with him all the time.



Nate, on the other hand....well, he'll come around eventually. :) He does call him "Dole" which is just adorable. I've also heard the word "Mine" quite frequently as well. Who knew a baby brother would be the catalyst for him to start talking more?



My parents are coming today and I am looking forward to the extra help. I've had dear friends come to my rescue this week by grocery shopping for me, entertaining the kids and cleaning my house. It was a humbling experience and I'm so grateful for them.

I'm encouraged that each day is a step forward towards our new normal. I'm encouraged when I remember that God has a plan and a purpose not only for Cole but for all of us as a family.

P.S. I realize Cole isn't smiling in any of these pictures but he does smile all the time. I'm just so bad with the camera, I can't ever get it recorded!

8 comments:

Sarah W said...

You are doing a great job Sara!! luv ya!

Amy said...

I agree with Sarah - you are doing fantastic. I love his cute new do! Adorable! The bath tub pic is precious! What a sweetie Cole is!

Isn't the extra help awesome - ours tapered off and I miss it ;)

Fenwick 5 said...

The pictures are so cute. I am sure that u are doing your best and that means a great ajob!! He is so cute and I love that hair cut!! Have a great weekend!! I have a question to ask u so I will send u a message thru facebook. Gidget

Peter and Nancy said...

I love his new hair!! The shorter cut makes his eyes stand out even more. His big brother and sister look so proud and adorable with him. :o)

Hang in there -- and give yourself lots of grace as you wrangle three children!
Hugs to you,
Nancy

The Labontes said...

Your Lucy sounds like my Madeline with Max Rup :) He looks great with his new do. Things will slow down and chill out, you're doing great! It's a big adjustment from two to three. Took us a while to get a decent schedule down.
Kristy

Jennifer Mayo said...

I love his new haircut - just sorry it was due to lice! Ya'll are doing a great job and I love seeing Lucy and Nate smiling so happily in the pictures!

Erika said...

I love his haircut! He looks like such a big boy. :) Big Sisters are great aren't they? And yes, I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before Nate & Cole will be in cahoots together! ;)

Julie & Patrick said...

The fact that you find a minute to post with three children is so appreciated and just goes to show that you are doing great. Cole is so adorable and looks like he has become the perfect addition to your family.

Julie R