Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Getting ready...

Wow, what a whirlwind the past few days have been. Phone calls, trips to Walmart, packing, more trips to Walmart, phone calls late at night to the embassy, baby shower, summer fun with kids and more. What a whirlwind but what a blessing.

We are scheduled to leave Friday. As in 3 days. Wow.

As excited as I am to get Cole, my heart is torn in the sacrifice it takes in going to get him. I am nervous about flying (the crash the other day does not help), am worried about eating (describing me as a picky eater is being generous), am concerned about all the paperwork (I am not an organized person) and am overwhelmed just by the journey as a whole. And that doesn't begin to include my emotions about picking up Cole, thinking of Lucy & Nate back at home.

Beth Moore addressed this very issue in her blog which my mom sent me this morning. What an answer to prayer. I love this line best:
No matter what sets a woman up to live in fear, it is NOT the will of God for us to give way to vain imaginations and waste our valuable mental energies dreading all sorts of things that may – but probably won’t ever – happen. And, if they do, we’ll have the grace to handle them at the time but we don’t get the grace in advance to cover our fear and dread.

She then goes on to quote Psalm 112:1-8 and you better believe these are verses I am writing down and taking with me.

I have never felt God's favor so steadily as I have throughout this process and so I will rest in His will, whatever that may be. As always, may He be honored through it all!

9 comments:

The Pfeiffer Family said...

I have been thinking about you and all that needs to be accomplished before you step on that plane Friday. I have prayed for peace, clarity, that your days will feel longer so you can fit eveything in, etc. and that God will walk you through the end of this process. What a wonderful devotion that your mom sent you. God's timing is always perfect. I pray that you have a wonderful trip and can't wait to see pictures of your son in your arms!

April :-)

Peter and Nancy said...

It's hard to leave your children behind for that long, even for such a fantastic reason! Maybe it will help to remember that God loves them even more than we ever could . . .

I was worried about the paperwork too. We just bought a plastic accordian "envelope" and threw in any possible paperwork anyone could have asked for. :o)

When in doubt, you can eat naan -- it's delicious and bready . . . and who knows, you might like more kinds of food than you think!

I will be praying for your safety, and for that wonderful moment when you hold your son for the first time!
God bless you on your journey,
Nancy

Amy said...

All of these worries are normal - Beth Moore always sets me straight too ;) I pray God would send His peace to you - try to enjoy the trip. I found myself worrying at times and I just had to let go and relax. God is guiding you every step of the way! So excited for you!

Julie & Patrick said...

It is so normal to have all of these feelings and, I think, is an important part of experiencing this part of the journey to it's fullest. How exciting it is to know that half way around the world is a child that is in wait for you!!

Can't wait to hear about your trip and see you together.

Safe travels!
Julie R

Mary Ellen said...

We are praying for you and your entire family!! I will pray for a safe plane trip as I understand and don't like flying either. I will pray that God gives you peace while flying and for the safety of Lucy and Nate while you're gone. They'll be in good hands!! We are so excited for you!!

Fenwick 5 said...

Well let's just say that I have all of the same concerns about going to India. I have never ever flown before,I am thinking that Shane will have to knock me out with some sedatives. I don't want to leave my boys ans the list of course goes on and on!! God has put this adoption in your heart and he will bring you thru.I will pray for peace and joy in your heart and that in will overtake your worries. If u can and if you think of it,could u get some snapshots of the newborn room ?:) Gidget

jasonliberty said...

Praying for all of you!! Can't wait to see the pictures
Liberty

coffeegirl said...

Thanks for putting on Beth Moore's blog comment, that encouraged me as well as we have a huge event taking place tomorrow. I'll be praying for you all and your trip.
Melissa

Heather said...

okay, my cousins are in Delhi doing some work....Is that the same as New Delhi? (I know so little)....anyway, I'm thrilled and praying and if I can figure out a way to connect you with some loving, amazing family of mine while you are overseas, I'd love that! Megan lived in India for about 9 months....she's with a team there for 3 weeks now (if you get my drift). Prays go with you all!