Saturday, June 27, 2009

Progress!

We had a great visit with my mom and dad last week and they were such a huge help to us. We have so much to praise God for and it's hard to believe the huge changes we've seen in just 2 weeks! Cole is doing so well with sleeping now and I can't tell you enough how it warms my heart to hear my two boys on the baby monitor "talking" back and forth at night before they fall asleep. We feel so blessed to have him taking good naps and sleeping all night!
We have discovered his love for sweet potatoes baby food so everything else gets hidden in it for now. He also has come such a long way with self-feeding and is very good at getting small things like cheerios and puffs in his mouth.
One thing I'm so thankful for God's timing in bringing us Cole in the summer time where we have a more flexible schedule and don't have to worry about 10 million layers of clothing just to get out the door. My mom was a great help since I had to take Lucy to Vacation Bible School every day last week but now we have a couple of weeks with nowhere to be and that is going to be great. Still trying to figure out running errands. He & Nate are just not happy shoppers!
Here he is enjoying our little pool and being outside! He is still so little bitty that I put his bath seat in the pool so he could splash around. His tiny 3-6 month bathing suit was barely staying on his waist!



7 comments:

The Pfeiffer Family said...

This is a wonderful update! Cole sounds like he is doing great and how fun to have him bonding with you all so well. YAY for naps and sleeping through the night!!

Cole is SO adoarable!! I love those big eyes and huge smile. Enjoy the rest of your summer.

April :-)

Jennifer Mayo said...

Thanks for the update Sara! Cole is so precious and I love seeing the happy smile! And I loved the adoption announcement. I'll be praying for a continued smooth transition!

Anonymous said...

miss you all already :) my heart is full! xoxoxo Nan

Fenwick 5 said...

Love the pictures!:) Cole looks like such a happy and content child!! Hope u have a great summer! Glad that you all are getting rest.
We are loving every minute of not having early morning schedules!! Good Luck on the Call contest,maybe you will be right!


:)Gidget

Peter and Nancy said...

Happy chatter over the baby monitor . . . that's music to any mama's ears! I'm glad he seems to have turned the corner with sleep and his cold complications. Looks like he's having a blast outside. :o)
-- Nancy

Julie & Patrick said...

Love the floppy hat and ear to ear grin!! I could stand outside our daughter's door and listen to that sleepy babble all night long too!!

Glad that things are going great and that you now have the free time to enjoy it!

Julie R

The Labontes said...

I love seeing those big grins on his face! Glad everyone is getting adjusted - especially with sleep!

Kristy